Record €16.2 billion exports from Enterprise Ireland client companies in 2012
North American Market leads the way with 20% export growth in 2012
Enterprise Ireland client companies achieved record exports in 2012 breaking €16bn for the first time, up from €15.2bn in 2011. The outstanding geographical performance came from USA, where exports grew by 20%.
The main growth sectors to USA were software, lifesciences, including medical devices, business services and advanced engineering. Forty two percent of all software exported by Irish companies is sold in USA.
Executive Director for North America Gerry Murphy said: “This was an outstanding achievement by Irish owned companies in a year of sluggish economic growth in the US. We are proud of the companies we work with and their tremendous achievement in continuing to increase export sales which are crucial in sustaining and growing jobs in Ireland. As the world’s largest technically advanced economy, the United States is a key trading partner for Ireland and offers a relatively low-risk operating environment for Irish businesses”.
He thanked the members of the Irish Diaspora in USA who continue to provide a crucial role in mentoring and advising Irish companies and linking them with business opportunities
Enterprise Ireland is increasing its activities to support clients win new export business and build business networks and partnerships across America.
2013 will see a record number of trade missions and trade fairs in sectors as diverse as Financial Software, Telecommunications, Digital Media, Oil and Gas, Animation, Information Security and Healthcare, all aimed at linking Irish companies to American buyers.
- Record exports from Enterprise Ireland client companies in 2012 - April 26, 2013
- Taoiseach Meets with SureWash at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle - April 4, 2013
- Irish Life Sciences Companies Explore Opportunities on US West Coast - January 26, 2013
- Enterprise Ireland appoints Technology Start-up Ambassador - December 20, 2012
- Hats Off To Texas - December 12, 2012
- Innovation to the Bone – Irish Life Sciences Companies at Orthopaedic Summit - November 9, 2012
- Health IT = Innovation Week Boston… Next Stop Ireland? - November 2, 2012
- Taoiseach Meets with Irish Life Sciences Companies in Philadelphia and Cleveland - October 17, 2012
- QUMAS – Complimentary Life Sciences Seminar - September 11, 2012
- Irish Medical Device Companies Continue to Focus on the US - July 10, 2012