The Boston base is a core element of PM Group’s global development strategy and brings the Group closer to the home base of many of its key longtime clients. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, PM Group delivers complex, mission-critical facilities for the advanced technology, life sciences, R&D and healthcare sectors globally for Fortune 500 clients. The company has annual revenues of US$280 million and employs more than 1,600 people working in 25 countries. Two-thirds of its business comes from US multinational clients that include 3M, Abbott, Boston Scientific, Dell, Diageo, Genzyme, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Mars/Wrigley, Merck and Pfizer among many others. We now have a requirement for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Boston office:-
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Boston, USA
The Senior Mechanical Engineer position is a senior, client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from the taking of a client brief through proposal preparation and project execution. Proven design excellence in complex facilities (central utility centers, process/manufacturing buildings, laboratories, data centers etc.) is required. Leadership is an important part of this role. The ability to motivate and mentor others in a dynamic growing office environment is required. The successful candidate will be required to do some travel as part of their duties.
This role is located in Boston, USA
Essential Job Functions
- Carry out conceptual design studies.
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other engineers. Typical areas of design include:
- HVAC design for complex facilities including clean rooms and laboratories
- Utility system design – heating and cooling systems (generation and distribution), steam systems etc.
- Clean utility system design – generation and distribution of purified water, WFI and clean steam
- Specification and procurement of mechanical equipment (AHU’s, chillers, boilers etc.)
- Ensuring code compliance in issued design deliverables
- Lead, develop and mentor mechanical engineering staff
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice
- Being resident on a construction site for short periods as required
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice • Act as project manager for engineering studies
- Plan and manage work and resources
- Present PM Group’s mechanical engineering capability to potential clients in support of proposals
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the USA offices, within other PM Group offices and with external consultants.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Massachusetts
- Demonstrated capability in mechanical / building services design
- Experience across a range of PM Group’s industry Sectors (http://www.pmgroup-global.com/sectors.aspx) would be an advantage
- Ideally 10+ years professional experience
- Self motivating and self organising
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams
- Professional approach and demeanour. An ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business. A commitment to sustainable design
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels, with good presentation skills.
To apply for this job, go to: