In October 2012, the Taoiseach, Enda Kenny TD, participated in a two day Enterprise Ireland programme to visit a number of Irish life sciences companies in Philadelphia and Cleveland.
The programme began with the official opening of Zenith Technologies’ new US headquarters in Philadelphia. With its global headquarters in Ireland, Zenith Technologies provides automation and manufacturing execution systems (MES) engineering services to the life sciences industry.
Speaking at the event, the Taoiseach acknowledged that Zenith Technologies and other leading high-technology companies supported by Enterprise Ireland would continue to drive export growth, underpin Ireland’s economic prosperity and support valuable Irish jobs in the future.
Also in attendance at the official opening of Zenith Technologies’ US headquarters were Allyson Schwartz, the U.S. Representative for Pennsylvania’s 13th congressional district; and Kate Harper and Brendan Boyle – both members of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
The event in Philadelphia was followed by a visit to the Cleveland Clinic where it was announced that the Irish-based company, i360medical has formed a strategic partnership with the Cleveland Clinic and its Innovation Alliance. Through the partnership, i360medical will represent the European wing of Cleveland Clinic’s Innovation Alliance programme which includes North Shore LIJ, MedStar Health, Promedica and Notre Dame.
Derek Young, founder and CEO of i360medical noted that the collaboration would facilitate the commercialisation of technology and innovative ideas in the healthcare industry using Ireland as a launch pad for emerging companies.
Enterprise Ireland has a long established relationship with the Cleveland Clinic, and the partnership between i360medical and Cleveland Clinic is the result of introductions brokered by Enterprise Ireland.
Speaking at an event in Cleveland Clinic, the Taoiseach said: “I strongly welcome this latest successful outcome of the relationship that exists between Ireland and the Cleveland Clinic. Healthcare and life sciences is a sector that holds particular potential for growth and job creation and is a key sector in the Government’s Action Plan for Jobs. This latest alliance is further endorsement of the international calibre of Ireland’s indigenous healthcare sector. The Government, through Enterprise Ireland, is keen to support and promote more strategic international collaborations such as this one to enhance innovation and generate break-through research. I trust that this will be a mutually beneficial alliance for both i360 Medical and Cleveland Clinic that will yield significant benefits for both organisations.”
The Taoiseach also met with a number of other Irish life sciences companies supported by Enterprise Ireland that have established a relationship with the Cleveland Clinic.
Pictured above from left to right at Cleveland Clinic: Dominic Considine; Richard Stack, M.D. Managing Director of Synergy Life Sciences Parnters; An Taoiseach, Enda Kenny TD; Derek Young, Founder and CEO of i360medical; Christopher Coburn, Executive Director of Cleveland Clinic Innovations; and Frank Ryan, Chief Executive Officer of Enterprise Ireland.
Tanco Autowrap began producing light engineering products in the early 1960s. Today, Tanco Autowrap produces the widest range of quality agricultural wrapping machinery in the world, exporting them to over 30 countries worldwide.
Tanco is committed to developing innovative agricultural wrapping machinery and agricultural machinery implements distinguished by high performance, durability and functionality.
Tanco Autowrap in conjunction with their importer Hamilton Equipment, Ephrata, PA wishes to appoint a Product Manager to increase sales of Tanco Bale Wrapping machines and implements.
This is a new and exciting position that will require frequent travel around the East Coast & Midwest and strong sales skills to sell Tanco’s products to existing, and new dealers.
If you have a lot of drive and energy, a strong sales record with proven results in the agricultural equipment or power equipment industry, are a self-starter with strong prospecting and closing skills, and like to travel (car) several weeks each month, Tanco Autowrap would like to hear from you.
This is a full-time position with training provided, great working environment, growth opportunities, company paid car, health insurance, 401K, etc.
Idiro Technologies provide predictive analytics for companies with large customer networks particularly telecoms, social networking sites and online gaming providers.
Idiro’s award-winning software service is used by its customers to predict consumer behaviour, acquire customers, drive revenues and many other marketing / CRM applications.
Idiro Technologies are looking for an experienced Oracle developer/DBA to join their development team in Dublin (Ireland) city centre.
The job offers the successful candidate the opportunity to take a leading role in the design & development of Idiro’s award winning social network analysis platform. You will work in a small team and will be expected to take a proactive role in driving innovation and quality within the company.
PM Group is expanding its Boston office and recruiting specialist engineers and designers.
The Boston base is a core element of PM Group’s global development strategy and brings the Group closer to the home base of many of its key longtime clients. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, PM Group delivers complex, mission-critical facilities for the advanced technology, life sciences, R&D and healthcare sectors globally for Fortune 500 clients. The company has annual revenues of US$280 million and employs more than 1,600 people working in 25 countries. Two-thirds of its business comes from US multinational clients that include 3M, Abbott, Boston Scientific, Dell, Diageo, Genzyme, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Mars/Wrigley, Merck and Pfizer among many others. We now have a requirement for a talented Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Boston office:-
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Boston, USA
The Senior Mechanical Engineer position is a senior, client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from the taking of a client brief through proposal preparation and project execution. Proven design excellence in complex facilities (central utility centers, process/manufacturing buildings, laboratories, data centers etc.) is required. Leadership is an important part of this role. The ability to motivate and mentor others in a dynamic growing office environment is required. The successful candidate will be required to do some travel as part of their duties.
This role is located in Boston, USA
Essential Job Functions
- Carry out conceptual design studies.
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other engineers. Typical areas of design include:
- HVAC design for complex facilities including clean rooms and laboratories
- Utility system design – heating and cooling systems (generation and distribution), steam systems etc.
- Clean utility system design – generation and distribution of purified water, WFI and clean steam
- Specification and procurement of mechanical equipment (AHU’s, chillers, boilers etc.)
- Ensuring code compliance in issued design deliverables
- Lead, develop and mentor mechanical engineering staff
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice
- Being resident on a construction site for short periods as required
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice • Act as project manager for engineering studies
- Plan and manage work and resources
- Present PM Group’s mechanical engineering capability to potential clients in support of proposals
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the USA offices, within other PM Group offices and with external consultants.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Massachusetts
- Demonstrated capability in mechanical / building services design
- Experience across a range of PM Group’s industry Sectors (http://www.pmgroup-global.com/sectors.aspx) would be an advantage
- Ideally 10+ years professional experience
- Self motivating and self organising
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams
- Professional approach and demeanour. An ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business. A commitment to sustainable design
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels, with good presentation skills.
To apply for this job, go to:
AER Sustainable Energy is an industrial biotech company based in Dublin, Ireland. Through partnerships with leading global energy and nutrition companies, AER are commercialising a unique enzyme technology which disruptively reduces the cost of production for algae-based biofuels and human nutritional products.
Title: Head of Business Development
Summary role description: Reporting to the CEO, your focus will be to build strong commercial relationships with global customers in the energy and food sectors. You will have primary responsibility for leading all revenue-generating activities with existing customers, and winning new customers. The role will involve extensive travel.
· Third-level qualification in business, law, science, engineering or similar. MBA an advantage.
· 10+ years of experience in a sales or business development role, with track record of rapid progression & delivery of challenging targets.
· Experience in negotiating complex commercial agreements in a high-tech environment.
· Existing global network of influential contacts in the energy, food or industrial biotech sectors.
· Prior knowledge of industry dynamics in the enzyme, algae biofuels and/or nutrition sectors is a plus.
Contact information: Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Download full job description from: http://www.aer.ie/resources/headofbusinessdevelopment.pdf
Fitzwilliam Institute Group provides accredited training across the USA, Canada, Ireland, UK, Australia, South Africa and Singapore in a wide range of communications related subjects.
Fitzwilliam Institute Group is located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side and is a wholly owned subsidiary of an international training group called the Fitzwilliam Institute based in Dublin, Ireland. Fitzwilliam also has offices located in London, UK and New York, USA.
The role will involve being the face of Fitzwilliam Institute Group USA on a day to day basis. The successful applicant will be responsible for the end to end student experience which begins the very moment a student makes an enquiry, through to their experience learning with us and continues even after they have graduated from our program.
Delivering to this agenda includes coordinating the smooth operation of all Fitzwilliam Institute Group USA courses both externally and internally, ensuring that we are accurately and positively reflected in all of the work that is undertaken.
It also includes working with the Dublin Ireland Head Office in order to ensure that all sales, marketing and operational opportunities are maximised to their full extent.
Finally the role includes working very closely with the Group Operations Manager, Group Marketing Manager & Course Director. The Group Operations Manager will be your line manager on an ongoing basis and will expect you to deliver to very specific targets and parameters.
If interested please send your CV and letter of proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Interactive Entertainment Business - home to X-Box and newly released game-changer Kinect, is recruiting a Director of Retail Channel Operations, to be based in Dublin.
We are seeking a talented business leader with a proven track record in the development and implementation of supply chain solutions to manage Assortment Management and Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) processes. The primary goal of this role is to build strategic supply chain relationships with large retail accounts and increase revenue. This is a unique opportunity to build a team of retail supply chain professionals from the ground up in one of the most exciting consumer goods category. You will be responsible for monitoring performance of the business and driving decisions that impact results and end to end supply chain efficiency.
Development of inventory management policies and programs to help enhance profit and revenue.
Implement long –term strategy in partnership with regional and global counterparts
Engage with all levels of executive management within key customers, internally and externally, with the goal of enabling world class performance.
Own key supply chain metrics in relation to Gross Margin Return on Inventory Investment (GMROII), in-stock, retail inventory turns, weeks of supply and SKU profitability
- Degree qualified, MBA desirable
- 12+ years of retail supply chain experience in FMCG or Consumer Electronics related categories
- Depth of related experience in retail inventory management & forecasting essential, including success in development and management of Key Performance Indicators such as GMROI, Inventory Turns, Fill Rate, In-Stock, contribution margin (cost to serve) and other supply chain metric
- Experience of working in a large multinational organisation beneficial
- International retail experience highly desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated strength in people management
- P&L management experience
- Experience in forging new business opportunities combined with the ability to develop clear business rationale for new capabilities
- A team-player and effective communicator at all levels, this person will also interact with technology development teams to deliver a world class customer experience that maximizes revenue.
- Demonstrated adaptability to navigate and build organizations through various phases of their evolution
- Proven Project Management skills
- Cross group collaboration
- Analytical ability
- Strategic Thinking
- Commercial Awareness
- Impact & Influence
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Results Orientation
- Ability to deal with Ambiguity
What we offer you
- Best Place to Work in Ireland, 2009 & 2010
- Competitive base salary
- On Hire Stock Award
- Annual Performance-based Stock Awards
- Car allowance
- 25 days Annual Holidays
- Healthcare for you and your family
- Educational Assistance
- On-site Gym
- Travel Pass Scheme
- Free parking on-site
- Unrivalled global career opportunities and investment in your development
Microsoft is an equal opportunities employer
TO APPLY – Please apply on-line by submitting your CV in English at https://careers.microsoft.com
Job Description – EFT Energy, a leading energy management software company, is seeking a full time individual to newly develop and expand EFT’s software presence on the West Coast. States included in this territory are, California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho and Alaska. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will work from home (ideally to be located in Central California).
Requirements – Individuals applying for this position should possess the following qualifications:
- Access to the building automation and industrial controls distribution network.
- Extensive experience with products from the major building controls companies such as Tridium, Siemens and Johnson Controls.
- A solid understanding of the building automation, industrial controls and building energy management industry.
- Eight or more years of experience in building or industrial controls sales
- Solutions driven, independent thinker with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to travel as needed within the stated sales territory.
Responsibilities – This position will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop EFT’s Western Region’s sales territory by enlisting distributors and integrators of building automation and industrial controls products to sell EFT Energy’s Energy Management AutoStart product.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and report this information weekly.
- Maintain continual contact and goodwill with customers. Provide all required assistance with start-up and on-going product support.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry trends and technology.
Compensation – Commensurate with experience.
Contact – Peter Fagan, Chief Operating Officer, EFT Energy, Inc., peter.fagan at eft-energy.com
….selected partner will be one of only 6 partners worldwide
“Office, for Oscilloscopes” adds App Platform, seeks Irish App Partner
AMA makes “usefulness software” for oscilloscopes…the most common piece of test equipment in use. Think of their product as “Office, for oscilloscopes”. If you need it, it’s in there. The product vision includes an Apps program just as you get on the iPhone and iPad for adding low-cost functionality and developing it far faster than he ever could with his own team.
AMA will support the app developers with training