November 17-18, 2010
Application Submission Deadline
October 22nd, 2010
CommNexus San Diego would like to invite you to apply to meet with Verizon Wireless through MarketLink™. Marketlink is a FREE program that pairs local companies with multinational corporations hoping to identify and license new technologies. MarketLink brings parties of mutual interest together by orchestrating an event that will offer selected companies the opportunity to present to technology executives from visiting corporations in a personalized 1-on-1 session. Learn more and apply today
WHAT VERIZON IS LOOKING FOR:
- Privacy/identity management
- Collaboration tools
- Personal health & wellness monitoring
- Consumer Cloud-based services (content sharing, gaming, etc.)
- Mobile security
- Mobile Services and Applications marketing tools
- Mobile Application Development enablers (API management, porting, voice APIs, context awareness, mash-ups, etc)
- Customer Analytics
- In-car mobile experience
- Hardware innovation
- Voice innovation
Learn more at… http://www.commnexus.org/programs/event_2010062170224.php
Venue: Hilton Tower Bridge Hotel, London SE1
Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2010
On Tuesday, November 2, Enterprise Ireland will host the third annual London Investor Forum, a showcase of 28 investor-ready companies from the Irish software and life sciences/med-tech industries.
Enterprise Ireland is inviting the leading European venture capital firms to attend this event. It will provide an opportunity for investors looking to invest €2 – 8m to meet with quality companies seeking venture capital funding. The event will also provide an insight into Ireland as an investment location and Enterprise Ireland as a co-investor, capable of delivering increased deal flow.
- An opportunity to see Irish deal flow of a selection of 12 investment-ready software and 12 life sciences companies
- An opportunity to explore synergies between Enterprise Ireland-supported firms and your portfolio companies
- An opportunity to network with potential syndicate investors and Europe’s leading VCs
- A platform to learn more about the financial support Enterprise Ireland provides to its clients, including feasibility studies, equity investments, grants and Government approved schemes such as the Seed and Venture Capital Scheme
- The prospect of seeing how Enterprise Ireland partners with its clients and international investors
The event will be held in the Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel, 5 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2BY. This showcase will comprise 2 streams, and introduce 12 high potential software and 12 life sciences companies emerging from Ireland. These companies have been shortlisted and selected on the basis of their investor readiness (see profiles attached). Individual meetings will also be arranged throughout the afternoon for interested investors. The day concludes with a networking reception.
We hope you are able to join us. If interested, please complete and email the attached registration form at your earliest convenience. We will follow up directly in relation to individual meetings. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, or if we can be of further assistance.
Investment Services Division,
Tel. +353 1 727 2684
Envelop icon Cian Daly – email@example.com
“Work to live. Don’t live to work.”
The Secret of Work-Life Balance – Leveraging Your 9 Environments!
presented by the Irish Network
October 14th at Pillsbury Winthrop, 2475 Hanover Street | Palo Alto
(By kind permission)
Reception and Networking at 6.15 PM
(Hosted by IN-BA member Norene Sheehan)
This is a FREE event for both Members and Non-Members
and requires registration as we are restricted to 80 attendees.
Presentation by IN-BA member Norene Sheehan will start at 7.00 PM Sharp
“The challenge of work-life balance is without question one of the most significant struggles faced by modern man. I’ve surveyed thousands of audiences about their greatest personal and professional challenges. Life balance is always at or near the top.” – Steven Covey
Our times are desperate for meaning. Our culture is all gloss and fast-paced on the outside, seemingly successful and desirable yet lacking balance and fulfillment. The way we’re working and living our lives is not working!
The objective of this session is to begin the journey toward understanding and achieving Work – Life balance through identifying what is most important in your life. We will explore current research on the impact of this imbalance on our world. We will introduce the concept of the 9 Environments and their importance to ultimate success and fulfillment; both professionally as well as personally!
How do YOU play the Game of Life?
IN BA member Norene Sheehan, who is a Certified Executive/Lifestyle Coach with over 25 years experience including Senior Management positions in Sales & Marketing for major corporations in Ireland and the U.S, will host a challenging evening for all of us interested in Work – Life balance. Work – Life balance is, after all, her passion!
The San Francisco Irish Film Festival 2010
- This year’s theme: Irish Romance, and that’s the overanalyzed, undercommunicated, post-apocalyptic, Bollywood-dancing, rockabilly love-dueling, what-70-women-secretly-think-about-their-men kind of romance. Watch the event video trailer
- Opening Party: Thursday, Sept. 23th 2010 At Picaro Tapas Cafe 16th Street (opposite the Roxie).
- Opening: Thursday, Sept. 23th 2010
- Closing: Saturday, Sept. 25th, 2010
- Tickets: ($10) available at The Roxie box office and through ticketweb.com
The seventh annual San Francisco Irish Film Festival returns to the Roxie Theater in San Francisco’s Mission District on September 23 to 25 with its best line-up yet and a theme of romance. With “the most fumbling, indirect, over-intellectualized proposal ever secretly caught on camera” in the documentary The Bass Player, or what 70 Irish women think about their men in the multi-award-winning film His and Hers, we’re talking romance Irish-style. Forget that saccharine Hollywood nonsense.
As a special treat, four filmmakers will be present at question-and-answer sessions after the films. They are available for interviews before the event as well as in San Francisco from September 23 to 25.
In celebration of low-budget Irish independent filmmaking, the Festival will also be honoring one of the directors with a special New Director’s Award. See the Festival website schedule page for the dates and times of screenings, descriptions of movies, and links to movie trailers. Press copies of movies are available on request.
The Festival kicks off on Thursday, September 23 with A Film With Me In It. This black comedy, directed by Ian Fitzgibbon, won the Best Film award at the Istanbul Film Festival. The story follows two would-be filmmakers trying to cope with a mounting body count resulting from freak accidents they didn’t cause but, if discovered, will make them look like murderers. The film features standout comic performances by Mark Doherty, who wrote the script, and Dylan Moran. (more…)
The TAS Group is hosting intimate breakfast seminars for Senior Sales people (VP, SVP) in Boston, Chicago and Santa Clara, CA on Sept 13th, 15th and 16th respectively.
The TAS Group is a Sales Performance Automation company that helps you sell smarter, and manage your business better. Their industry-leading TAS methodology has helped more than 750,000 sales professionals find and close more deals, and their proven sales process shows you what you need to do to move opportunities through the pipeline. The result is increased revenue, accurate sales forecast and pipelines, and timely information to make better decisions. It all gets delivered through their on-demand Dealmaker technology that integrates with your existing CRM system to produce sustained, measurable results. And to ensure that your sales teams get the full benefit, Dealmaker virtual learning delivers on-the-job training worldwide – reinforced by expert coaching.
At the breakfasts you will:
- Join Tom Dolan, former head of Global Accounts for Xerox and SAMA’s Sales Executive of the Year, as he lays out what’s working in today’s world of large account selling.
- Get the latest research and insights into sales coaching and compensation research from the Sales Leadership Forum. As an added value, all attendees will receive a complimentary membership to this elite organization – a $2500 value (Santa Clara) or, a complimentary membership to The Sales Management Association – a $450 value (Chicago and Boston)
- Hear from Donal Daly, CEO of The TAS Group, on trends in sales effectiveness, methodology and process, and the technologies that support them. Learn what’s working – and not working – in the world of Sales 2.0 technology, and how other companies are using technology to help coach sales people and forecast more accurately.
- You’ll also have a chance to discuss current challenges in a roundtable with 15 of your peers, all in a relaxed 2 hours over breakfast.
These events are limited to 15 participants so you will need to reserve your FREE place at the
event by RSVP to Shanti Lanese at 425.296.9231, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile Monday Silicon Valley
- September 8th, 2010, Seattle, Washingtion - Mobile Future Forward
Mobile Future Forward is a gathering of some of the most influential minds in the mobile industry who are helping shape the industry. The experts and visionaries from around the globe will discuss the mobile industry 2-5 years forward, envision what the user experience and use case scenarios look like, discuss and debate the challenges and opportunities in the journey to that vision. Mobile Future Forward is a day-long intense boot camp for executives and entrepreneurs that will help them visualize opportunities and the upcoming threats.
- September 13, 2010, Silicon Valley, CA, DEMO Fall 2010
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, 5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California, USA 95054
- September 17 (Award Submission DEADLINE) – RCR Wireless EcoSystem Awards. These awards will be announced at 4G World. Apply today
- September 16, 2010, 08:30am – 06:30pm – Silicon Valley, CA – TC3 2010
The Telecom Council Carrier Connections summit gets you connected to what the carriers are thinking, what they are looking for, and how they find innovation and work with entrepreneurs. Operators – fixed and wireless – are still at the center of the telecom ecosystem and TC3 is the best opportunity to join your colleagues in innovation from AT&T, BT, Clearwire, China Mobile, Docomo, NTT, Sprint, Swisscom, Telus, Verizon, Vodafone and many others.
Agenda, Details, and Registration here
Apply to Speak
- September 24th & 25th, 2010. Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA – SVCWireless Conference 2010
The Silicon Valley-China Wireless 2010 Annual Conference “Smart Connectivity”
Participating the 2010 SVCWireless “Best Mobile App” (BMA) Competition to jump start your mobile application release and accelerate sales! We have assembled an elite industry expert committee consisting of veteran technologists, Venture Capitalists, technology media and partners (don’t understand what is “media and partners”) to select the best mobile applications. The winners will be featured at our annual conference and present in front of hundreds of wireless professionals.
The BMA Competition is now open for submission. Take action now and show the world your creativity and originality
- 27-29 September 2010 – San Francisco Design Center Concourse – TechCrunch Disrupt
TechCrunch Disrupt is a three-day, single-track conference and startup competition to immerse you in the debate about what’s changing in technology right now, what’s causing it and what we need to do about it to survive and thrive in real time.
- September 30, 2010 – Mission Bay Conference Center, San Francisco, CAGigaOm presents “Mobilize 2010″
Mobile…Meet Cloud. The conjunction of mobile computing and cloud-based services will unleash an entire new wave of product and market growth. Mobilize 2010 will bring together the thought leaders and practitioners of the mobile web ecosystems for discussions, demonstrations and debate. VLAB members CLICK HERE to purchase your exclusive $50-off the Earlybird ticket.
- October 4-6, 2010 – Los Angeles, CA – IT Expo “the World’s Communication Conference”
- October 6-8, 2010 – Moscone Center West, San Francisco, California – International CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & E 2010
- October 18-21, 2010, McCormick Place, West Building – Chicago, Il, 4g World Chicago 2010
- October 21, 2010, 08:00am – 02:00pm – Marvell Headquarters, Berkeley Conference Center, Telecoms Council 2010 Handset and Gadget Innovation Review
They are handsets, gadgets, phones, mobile Internet devices, smartbooks, tablets and a bunch of other new device categories, but they all represent the place where the wireless industry touches its customer. As these gadgets become more powerful and consumers expectations rise, both carriers and CE manufacturers are in the hot seat to make better gadgets and improve the consumer experience.
- October 24th – 26th at the Four Seasons Resort Aviara in Carlsbad, California., Rutberg & Company Announces Wireless Influencers 2010
Wireless Influencers has become the world’s premier forum for senior leaders in the global media, telecom, and technology industries to meet and to discuss and debate current and future trends in wireless. The design principles include small group and interactive boardroom sessions; a highly targeted attendee base for seniority and diversity; and a no-press discussion setting. These principles yield an unparalleled opportunity for participants to meet, network, exchange points of view, and impact the future of mobile communications, media, and commerce. To request additional information about Wireless Influencers 2010, send an email to email@example.com
- October 26-28, 2010 - Santa Clara Convention Center, Sprint Open Developer Conference
Join us for Sprint’s 10th Anniversary ADP Conference. Attendees will learn how to leverage the full suite of open development capabilities available from Sprint for:
- Mobile Devices (Android, Mobile Java, Palm Mojo, RIM Blackberry, Web Development, Windows Mobile, etc)
- Network/Product Capabilities (LBS, Messaging, M2M, 4G, etc)
- October 27th, 2010 — Arrillaga Alumni Center at Stanford University – Stanford’s MediaX and Accel Partners 16th Symposium
On October 27th, 2010 Accel Partners and Stanford University MediaX will be hosting The Delta Conference: The 16th Stanford Accel Symposium on the constant change in Digital Media and Technology.Stanford’s MediaX and Accel Partners have organized this 16th Symposium which brings together the Stanford research community, high-technology business leaders, and entrepreneurs who are collectively driving developments in this rapidly changing arena.
- November 8-10, 2010 San Francisco, CA – Open Mobile Summit
Now in its third year, The Open Mobile Summit is without a doubt the most high profile event in mobile today. Reserve your place today and:
- Meet your future peers in the converged mobile, Internet, media and electronics worlD
- Identify the new revenue opportunities in the open mobile Internet ecosystem
- See the future of mobile….Internet…media….advertising…platforms….networks
Our lead keynote this year is Dan Hesse, CEO, Sprint – join Dan and Yahoo!, Nokia, Google, HTC, MLB, Motorola, Disney and other giants as they share their strategies for success.
New for 2010: Appcelerate at The Open Mobile Summit – dedicated to the business of application creation – hear App idols share the secrets to their success and get an inside view of what makes publishers tick on Day Three of The Open Mobile Summit – Nov 10th. Click here to find out more!
- November 12, 2010 – Microsoft Campus, Mountain View, CA – Under the Radar Mobile
About Under the Radar: Under the Radar is a must-attend event for dealmakers who are responsible for knowing about and leveraging the latest technology. Under the Radar uncovers the next wave of innovators; vetted, test-driven startups showcasing the their latest plan for disruption. Under the Radar brings startups, industry leaders, press, and investors together with one ultimate goal: get deals done.
Dublin Web Summit 2010
Bobby Chang is the co-founder of Incase, co-founder of BackNine Studios with Steven Soderbergh on the board, and former advisor to Nike’s Global Brand and Image Group. Incase are the world’s leading supplier of Apple accessories and related products. Incase have been the product of choice for Apple at their point of sale online and retail for over a decade. In recent years, Bobby has played an active role in helping to develop indigenous enterprises in Africa, as well as working on a range of other philanthropic activities with his new venture he co-founded called HEAL Together.
Stanford’s MediaX and Accel Partners have organized this 16th Symposium which brings together the Stanford research community, high-technology business leaders, and entrepreneurs who are collectively driving developments in this rapidly changing arena.
October 27th, 2010 — Arrillaga Alumni Center at Stanford University
On October 27th, 2010 Accel Partners and Stanford University MediaX will be hosting The Delta Conference: The 16th Stanford Accel Symposium on the constant change in Digital Media and Technology.
We hope that you will join us for what is sure to be a robust and engaging discussion focusing on the changing nature of media, technology and investing. What sets apart the recent technology champions who have been able to bear through this tumultuous climate? How have some market leaders evolved to remain competitive at the top, while other members of the old guard struggle to keep up?
Relevant discussion topics will include:
- Rise of Social as the new platform
- The revolution in “Open Mobile”
- How big data is transforming IT
- Digital Media: The incumbents vs. The disrupters
The proceeds of the event benefit Stanford University and Stanford Media X. Attendance is quite limited as the venue is intimate, so we recommend you register soon. We look forward to seeing you there!
Confirmed Speakers To Date (others to be announced):
* Paul Jacobs, Chairman and CEO, Qualcomm
* Kevin Mayer, EVP Corporate Strategy, Business Development and Technology Group, The Walt Disney Group
* Qi Lu, President, Microsoft Online Services Division
* Mike Schroepfer, Vice President of Engineering, Facebook
* Ravi Dhariwal, CEO, Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd
* Dr. Andreas Weigend, PhD, Former Chief Scientist, Amazon.com and Lecturer, Stanford University
* Andrew Mason, CEO, Groupon
* Omar Hamoui, CEO, AdMob
* David Flynn, President and CEO, Fusion-io
* Jeff Hammerbacher, Chief Scientist and VP of Products, Cloudera
* Tim Cadogan, CEO, OpenX
* Drew Houston, Drew Houston, Dropbox
* Ilja Lars, Founder and CEO, GetJar
* Jim Bankoff, Chairman and CEO, SB Nation
* Others to be announced
John McIntyre of Enterprise Ireland hosted the networking event at Best Place at the historic Pabst Brewery in Milwaukee. Also supporting the event were Irish Fest, the Golden Angels investment group, and Irish Network San Francisco & Chicago.
We had a great turnout for the networking event I hosted in Blue Ribbon hall at the historic Pabst Brewery. Many thanks for the support from Irish Fest (Jane Anderson, Joe King), Marquette University & Milwaukee Golden Angels investment group (Tim Keane, Mike Szymanski), Best Place (Jim Haertel, Kim Dorfner), and Irish Network San Francisco & Chicago (Helen Garrahy). We also enjoyed our special visitors Minister Éamon Ó Cuív TD and Consul General Martin Rouine. The Trinity Irish dancers were also fantastic!
The business networking was an extension of the Irish Fest which is the largest Irish cultural festival and had over 100,000 people in attendance on the shores of Lake Michigan.
View Full Slide Show the Networking event here. Also see the video of the Trinity Irish dancers.
“For all the risk involved, this is a great time to be involved in learning.”
Donald H Taylor
The 2010 Irish Learning Showcase (ILS), Dublin, Ireland, July 22-24 was kicked-off with an enthusiastic opening address by Donald H. Taylor; chairman, Institute of IT Training and Learning Technologies Conference. Taylor’s comments provided an ideal opening platform for the presentations, sessions and interaction that followed over the next three days of the ILS. (Mr. Taylor’s full remarks are available here)
An over-arching theme of the 2010 ILS was “informal learning and social learning“.
Taylor’s talk illustrated the dynamic changes – economic, technological, cultural, leadership- that shaped the Learning and Development (L&D) field over the last three decades. Today there is greater recognition by organizations and executives of the importance of education, training and skills development. Yet, the industry sits at a cross roads with significant opportunities to deliver new products, solutions, services, software and results that meet today’s dynamic and diverse learning and development needs and demands. (more…)