The 2016 Toy Fair New York, which is held annually, showcased some of the world’s most exciting up and coming toy products and is where some of the world’s biggest names such as Lego and Mattel exhibit. This year the show opened its doors to thousands of global play professionals to explore a record-breaking 415,000 Sq Ft of exhibit space which was filled with hundreds of thousands of toys, games and youth entertainment products. The show reported an attendance of 13,000 buyers from 100 different countries from across the globe to explore the exhibits of 1250 different exhibitors.
This year’s show saw a strong presence from some of Ireland’s newest and best toy and game companies. Five Irish companies travelled to exhibit at the show displaying a unique, innovative, and fun selection of products. The companies participating were Arckit, The Irish Fairy Door Company, The Lottie Doll (Arklu), TurboSpoke, and Yvolution.
The Irish Fairy Doors
According to Hannah Webb Vice President Consumer Goods & Retail Technology for Enterprise Ireland USA “the toy industry in the US is an exciting and growing market, it was fantastic to see such wonderful companies from Ireland exhibiting at this important industry show, meeting the right buyers, and successfully selling into the US market.”
The Lottie Doll
Ibis World reports that the retail market for toys has grown to $37.4 billion in revenue in the US and is expected to grow further to $40 billion in 2020. The sector is diverse in both product and retail channels, with toys and games sold through department stores, drug stores, online, and in specialty shop
Article originally published by Eva-Marie Costello, Enterprise Ireland – Mountain View
Decawave, a global leader in ultra-wideband (UWB) semiconductor space, was recently named the Nokia Open Innovation Challenge winner for its ‘Sense the WHERE’ capability. This prestigious award recognizes innovators and experts in IoT and Decawave came out on top of the hundreds of applicants. Since late last year Decawave have been making headlines and recently created a huge stir at CES in Las Vegas this January. They were categorized as one of the top 7 amazing start-ups showcasing products at CES.
CES kicked off with an opening keynote from Intel and to add to the hype, Decawave debuted a live demo of the first connected air orchestra. Intel had performers control virtual instruments through location sensors that were embedded in the performer’s wristbands. Decawave’s UWB micro-location technology meant that the music appeared out of thin air through the position and movement of the performers’ hands. This musical performance was the first of its kind and made CES history!
Decawave debuting their technology at the opening Intel keynote
Decawave technology was also showcased in a Jaguar F-Pace vehicle at the event. In the Jaguar vehicle DecaWave demonstrated the effortless transition between connected home, connected car and connected objects. DecaWave’s wireless technology for precise locations means that it can identify the specific location of any object within an accuracy of 10cm, coupled with more than 99% reliability. We can expect more to come in the future as Decawave and Jaguar Land Rover announced a strategic partnership with the goal to further enhance the driver experience, offering a range of navigation, safety, security and convenience benefits.
And that’s not all, Decawave was also a part of the Spalding and ShotTracker multi-year partnership announced at CES. Decawave’s chip technology is used in the ShotTracker system, it is made up of three different components which all communicate among each other to track ball movement and player location. The ShotTracker enabled Spalding basketball is connected to portable sensors located around the court and a small tag is also placed on the Player’s shoe. A shot chart is created in real-time which automatically tracks all moves on the court. A revolution for the sports industry and broadcasters as current statistics systems require several days of post processing.
Decawave’s chip technology demonstrated in the ShotTracker system
Decawave’s unique micro-location technology is bringing real value to the IoT market at a competitive cost, very low power usage and with high levels of precision and reliability. The company has gained interest from over 2500 firms globally and has a continuous growing presence worldwide.
To hear more about Decawave and their growing U.S. presence contact, Mickael Viot (Decawave) Fergal O’Moore (Enterprise Ireland),or Eva-Marie Costello.
Vice President of Sales
Lifes2good is a young, passionate, international company enjoying rapid and substantial growth in US, European and other international markets. With a proven formula of developing clinically proven innovative brands in niche categories, coupled with a focused, targeted and aggressive marketing strategy, the company has seen triple digit growth in the US market.
Our philosophy is to bring to market clinically proven health & beauty products that improve peoples’ lives. We’re passionate about improving consumer lifestyles with products that work, from head to toe, inside & out.
Our vision: A lifes2good product for everyone.
Our mission: To source, develop, test & globally market health and beauty products.
The purpose of this role is to manage, develop customer relationships to increase sales, for new and existing products, through all retail channels. This role will work closely with and mentor inside and outside retail sales team to meet goals. This role involves developing inside marketing plans and managing all aspects of P&L with customers. The role will also contribute and coordinate national marketing plans with marketing director to maximize retail sales while providing insights on additional retail and new product development opportunities.
VP of Sales roles and responsibilities;
Reporting to the CEO of the US office;
- Maximize profitable distribution of L2G products through all retail channels including FDM, Club, Wholesalers, Independents, Medical offices, Salons, Health Food Stores.
- Develop annual budgets and manage spend to budgets on a monthly basis.
- Mange forecasts and effectively communicate P&L results to corporate in a timely manner.
- Manage the P&L of each individual retail account to maintain and improve profit margins with special focus on managing FDM deductions.
- Manage and develop inside marketing programs such as TPR’s, Mailers, Register Rewards, rebates etc and identify other opportunities that will effectively drive retail sales.
- Work with marketing director to develop and execute marketing calendar and education events.
- Manage the logistics of distribution, invoicing, customer service and sales networks in the US.
- Work with HQ on NPD and introducing new products into the US market. Identify opportunities on line extensions and other product ideas for global or US distribution.
- Manage and mentor the retail team to execute goals.
- Manage and educate our external vendors and sales partners to maximize performance.
- Identify and develop relationships with other partners on sales, marketing and distribution.
- Communicate with L2G global on effective marketing activities, successes and sales strategies.
– At least one year in medical or Professional beauty industry
– 10+ years sales experience across multiple channels
– Experience managing accounts and building sales teams
– Effective presentation skills to a variety of audiences
– Reporting to CEO – based in Lifes2good head office in Chicago, IL.
– Ability to travel nationally on a regular basis
If interested please respond with a resume and short paragraph outlining the most relevant experience for the position to email@example.com.